Please be prepared to stay for 1-1.5 hours on the first treatment, which includes the initial consultation, health history review, and first treatment.
Follow-up visits can be 2x’s per week or weekly, depending on the nature of your complaint and severity of the condition. After 5 visits, we will know how well the course of treatment has worked and determine the next steps from there. In some cases, the problem has been cleared up and further treatments are not necessary.
A general rule of thumb is this: For every month you suffer from a condition, it takes a week of acupuncture treatments for your body to return to normal.
Things to consider before arriving for treatment
- Make sure to eat something light an hour or two before arriving
- Try to avoid the intake of caffeine or pain medications
- Wear loose fitting clothes
- Bring a list of medications you are taking
If you are a new patient, please click on the links below to download the new patient intake forms.
Click here to download the forms:
- You will need to download the forms to your computer.
- The forms need to be opened and filled using Adobe Acrobat Reader version 10 or higher. (You can download the free Adobe Reader here).
- Using Acrobat Reader, open the Health History form. Go to File> Save As> and type your last name, first name. Hit the save button.
- Please fill out all fields that are relevant to your health history. It is good to save your document often to avoid any lost data—at least after every page.
- Before you close the document we recommend you print out a copy for your records.
Upload the Health History and Arbitration Agreement using the upload tool (below) on the website.
IF ALL THIS IS TOO TECHNICAL: No worries! Simply print out the forms, fill them out by hand and bring them with you.
We look forward to seeing you on your first visit and look forward to becoming your partner in better health!
Natalie Miner, L.Ac., C.SMA
The Healing Point Clinic